Top 10 Ways to Deal with Stress
Use these techniques to help manage your daily stress and anxiety. Understanding what works best for you, can improve your ability to cope with the challenges of each day.
- Aromatherapy- Use your favorite scented oils to calm your senses. Inhaling essential oils interacts with your brain, almost instantaneously triggering a positive impact on your mood.
- Breathing Exercises-Taking a quick break and a few slow, deep breaths can help slow your heart rate and carry more oxygen to your body.
- Sex-Engaging in sex can boost your body’s immunity, lower blood pressure, alleviate pain, and boost self-confidence.
- Touch-A number of studies have found that being touched, massaged or held may have positively dramatic results on lowering stress levels.
- Laughter-Laughter really is the best medicine and a great tool that is free, convenient and packed with tons of benefits! Dial that friend who always manages to make you laugh, watch a sitcom, or read the Sunday funnies.
- Exercise-Go jogging or attend a yoga class. Getting your heart rate elevated and blood pumping can help the release of endorphins in the brain that work as all-natural mood enhancers.
- Sleep-Not getting enough sleep can lead to stress. When you’re tired, you are more likely to be easily agitated and less patient. Make a valiant effort to get the recommended seven to eight hours of sleep each night, so your body can function properly and tackle tomorrow’s mountains.
- Adopt a pet-It’s hard to stay in a bad mood when there’s a cute, furry, four-legged friend to pet. Researchers say that being around animals can lower blood pressure and heart rate.
- Vent-Friends are so important! More than just free-therapy, friends are there to listen, laugh, and offer advice when needed.
- Dance/Music-Plug in your iPod, turn up the volume and dance. The bodily effects of music and dancing can be felt immediately. So, let go and groove to the beat!